Brinjal/Egg plant/Aubergine - Kathirikai - 1/4 Kg
Raw rice - Pacharisi - 1 cup
Onions - Vengayam - 1 no.
Green chillies - Pachai milagai - 4 nos.
Ginger - Inji - small quantity
Poppy seeds - Kasakasa - small quantity
Grated/Shredded coconut - Thuriviya thengai - small quantity
Mustard - Kadugu - small quantity
Cumin seeds - Jeeragam - small quantity
Curry leaves - Karuvepilai - small quantity
Cashew nuts - Munthiri Parupu - small quantity
Turmeric powder - Manjal Podi - small quantity
Cinnamon - Pattai - 1 no.
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Wash and keep rice in pressure cooker after adding a pinch of salt. After cooking spread it in a plate and allow it to cool.
- Cut brinjals length wise and soak in water after adding a pinch of salt to it. Boil the brinjals and keep it aside.
- Cut onions, grind ginger and green chillies and make it to a paste. Fry poppy seeds,cinnamon and coconut and keep it aside. Fry cashew nuts and keep it separately.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, cashew nuts, then add ginger paste, coconut paste to it, turmeric and add chopped onions. Fry them well, now add boiled brinjals. Deep fry them until it forms like gravy.
- Now mix the gravy with the rice and serve hot.
Hot and tasty brinjal rice is delicious and ready to be served. Serve brinjal rice with potato chips. It can be served for 2 people. It takes hardly 30 minutes to cook.
Note: Brinjals should be soaked in water once it is cut, else it will turn black.
Optional: Ingredients can be added or remove according to ones desire.
I went into a Mc Donald's yesterday and said, I'd like some fries. The girl at the counter said, Would you like some fries with that?